Granite Supplements | Recovery
The only aspect of bodybuilding more important than training effort is attention to adequate recovery.
Recovering from your workout begins the moment it ends. Recovery—perhaps even more than the workout itself—is vital for making progress. Granite Supplements Recovery is a precise combination of:
- Carbohydrates including Cluster DextrinTM
- Essential Amino Acids (EAAs)
- Sensoril® Ashwagandha
These key ingredients protect, preserve and replenish precious muscle glycogen and help you get an anabolic / anti-catabolic jump-start on recovering from your workouts. Another great benefit: it won’t upset your stomach (unlike so many other formulas). Sip Recovery throughout your workout for best results.
RECOVERY – AROUND THE CLOCK
To prepare for battle, a warrior arms himself before stepping on the battlefield. Therefore, we suggest you start consuming Recovery 10-15 minutes before and throughout your workout to enhance recovery from start to finish. And because these sessions can be brutal (and long), we’ve added the major electrolytes lost in sweat1 to help keep you well hydrated2,3. Additionally, electrolytes help with taste4, and we’ve balanced our flavoring system with a variety of mineral salts to make sure Recovery tastes ridiculously good.
You’d be mistaken if you think we’ve just concocted a fruity drink you might sip on the beach. The meat n’ potatoes components of Recovery work their magic with carefully chosen carbohydrates, EAAs and one of the worlds best adaptogens:
- Performance Carbohydrate combination with N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine
- Essential Amino Acid Blend
- Sensoril® Ashwagandha Extract
RECOVERY: A STRATEGIZED SUPPLEMENT SYNERGY
When it comes down to it, making muscular gains is about going beyond simply recovery: Building muscle size, day by day, inch by inch, requires a net positive effect on muscle protein balance. Reducing muscle breakdown [probably by increasing insulin levels5,6] is one way that including carbs in your peri-workout7-10 recovery drink gets this done. Intra-workout carbs also reduce post-exercise cortisol11, an important predictor of muscle growth over the long haul12,13. Admittedly though, the science is actually a bit fuzzy as to the acute14,15 and long haul benefits16 of peri-workout carbs for packing on size per se, but including carbs in a recovery drink primes your muscles for restoring glycogen17,18 (see Cyclic Dextrin® below) and there’s certainly no disadvantage to intra-workout carbohydrate19.
Before we get into the details of Recovery, be sure you don’t lose sight of the big picture when crafting your intra- and post-workout strategy. Intra-workout nutrition is just one piece of the puzzle: Substantial gains may very well mean consuming more carbohydrate and/or protein (and calories!) than subjects following most research protocols. For example, supersizing your post-workout carbohydrate (e.g., with 90-100g of carbs) may8 or may not20 inhibit protein breakdown. However, a glycogen-filled muscle cell is generally a more anabolic one7 and a brutal weight training workout dramatically elevates metabolic rate21,22, and can even temporarily prohibit glycogen replenishment despite eating a high carbohydrate diet23. This may be why one study found that hard training plus massive (>350g) carbohydrate supplementation (even without additional protein!) produces substantial gains in muscle mass without increased body fat24.
Obviously, protein has its role, too. While consuming more than ~40g of post-workout protein may not further increase protein synthesis25-27, doubling this amount28,29!] creates the positive protein balance we want by blunting protein breakdown. While adding more and more protein to the diet beyond a certain point30,31 isn’t a magic bullet for building more muscle, there is also little risk of adverse health effects or gaining body fat from simply from eating large amounts of protein32-34.
Given the above, we’ve created Recovery as a way to jumpstart a recovery strategy based on a sound diet replete with carbs, protein, and calories.
PERFORMANCE CARBOHYDRATE AND N-ACETYL L-TYROSINE
- Recovery contains highly branched cyclic dextrin (as 15 grams of Cyclic Dextrin®) to enhance gastric emptying35 and minimize gastrointestinal discomfort during exercise [including burping and gas, which your training partner benefit will appreciate36]. By more rapidly ushering glucose from the stomach37,38 to the small intestine and blood stream
39, Cyclic Dextrin® can improve performance40-42, and maintain higher glycogen levels43, giving you a head start on recovering for your next workout44.
- To ensure sustained blood glucose during your workout, we’ve also included 5 grams of Isomaltulose (as Palatinose®), a disaccharide that produces steady blood glucose, much lower than even table sugar45.
- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine is Recovery’s soluble source of L-tyrosine46-48, a precursor for catecholamine synthesis (e.g., noradrenaline and dopamine)49-51, thus supporting brain neurotransmitter levels52 and cognitive performance53,54. When under duress (e.g., during a killer workout), tyrosine supplementation may actually promote the aggressive mentality55 needed to drive through previous performance barriers.
ESSENTIAL AMINO ACID BLEND
- We included the Essential Amino Acids (EAAs) because it’s the dietarily essential [not the non-essential56] amino acids that trigger muscle protein synthesis57-59. Leucine (3g) sits atop this EAA stack because of its primacy in triggering protein anabolism60-62. We were sure to focus on the other branched-chain aminos (BCAAs; Isoleucine and Valine at 1.5g each) as well because the BCAAs are known to reduce muscle breakdown and post-exercise soreness and damage63,64.
- The other EAAs blended in the Recovery are based on the anabolic EAA mixture used extensively in research57,65-68, adjusted slightly to take advantage of the anabolic signaling61 and insulin-releasing69 effects of lysine and phenylalanine.
SENSORIL® ASHWAGANDHA EXTRACT
A successful training and diet cycle takes weeks of committed and continuous effort. Nobody wants to be a flash in the pan, so to speak, so we’ve included ashwagandha (Withania somnifera extract; 125mg of Sensoril® standardized for withanolide glycoside conjugates, oligosaccharides and withaferin A) to ensure Recovery has keep you adapting long after your workout. Also known as Indian ginseng, ashwagandha is an “adaptogenic” herb that’s been used for centuries in Ayurveda and traditional Indian medicine to relieve stress, promote vitality70, enhance adaptation and normalize physiological function71-73.
The age-old hype about ashwagandha’s effects may just be real, going by the small but growing body of Western scientific literature. In rodent research, this herb appears to be both anabolic to skeletal muscle74 and anti-arthritic75. In men supplementing for approximately 2 months, ashwagandha can elevate testosterone, luteinizing hormone and antioxidant status, all the while improving sperm count, motility and metabolism76-78. Ashwagandha has also relieved fatigue and improved quality of life of women undergoing breast cancer chemotherapy79. Extract from this adaptogenic plant has also been shown to reduce cortisol, resting blood pressure and anxiety70, and even have cognition-enhancing, nootropic actions80,81 – exactly what you need when “diet brain” catches up to you.
The science is starting to unveil Ashwagandha’s incredible promise as an ergogenic aid, as well. Supplementing with 1000mg of extract/day (8 weeks) enhanced performance and aerobic power in hard-training endurance cyclists82, and half that daily dose improved both aerobic, anaerobic and muscular power in college students who were not even engaged in a training program. Most impressively and important for physique athletes, a recent study found that men consuming only 300mg ashwagandha extract twice per day grew more muscle, gained more strength and lost more body fat than those taking a placebo, probably because the herb enhanced muscular recovery (reduced muscle damage) and increased testosterone83. (What more could you ask for?…)
Disclaimer: L-Tyrosine may interact with certain drugs (such as MAOIs, Levodopa and thyroid medications).
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Supplement HQ’s Shipping Policy
Domestic Shipping Policy
Shipment processing time
All orders are processed within 1 to 2 business days! FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ON ALL ORDRES OVER $49.
Deliveries are handled during standard business operations & business days - which excludes Holidays & non-business days.
Shipment confirmation and order tracking
Most orders ship in 1 to 2 regular business days, and you will receive an automated shipment notification with your tracking information attached. All orders are referenced in your account, so you can track the status of or your order through your carrier, but the tracking information will be saved to your account.
Customs, duties, and taxes
Customize the following: Supplement HQ is not responsible for any customs and taxes applied to your order. All fees imposed during or after shipping are the responsibility of the customer (tariffs, taxes, etc.).
Supplement HQ is not liable for any products damaged or lost during shipping. If you received your order damaged, please contact the shipment carrier or our support team directly to file a claim. Please save all packaging material and damaged goods before filing a claim.
International Shipping Policy
Supplement HQ offers international shipping to select international countries, and we're always expanding where we can ship internationally. If we can ship to your location, you will have the option to checkout with a normal address of your location.
Don't ship to your country? Reach out to us. We're super flexible, and want to make sure anyone who wants to order from us can get the supplements they need!
Supplement HQ Return & Refund Policy
PRODUCT RETURN POLICY, RETRACT RIGHT, CONDITIONS OF CLAIM FOR ERRORED PRODUCT AND REVERSION OF THE PAYMENT
Supplement-HQ.com, as well as those third parties who use the portal to market products, offer their customers the possibility to return the purchase during the first 30 business days after the delivery of the product. Product must be unopened, or delivered with error.
Customer pays return shipping
If the product fully paid and is not shipped yet, return must be requested via Site’s contact us page using Subject heading RMA request.
If the product is fully paid and is shipped and order is in time of validity, the procedure follows:
- Access the “Orders History” section of his or her account.
- Select the order from which he wants to return an item.
- Select the product(s) that s/he wishes to return by checking the box next to its name(s).
- Add an explanation, in order for the shop team to better understand why the customer wants to return this product.
- Store manager can deny or accept return, in the case of accepting return store manager changes status of return to “Waiting for package”. This will send an e-mail to the customer indicating that the product can be sent back, customer pays return shipping.
- Once store have received the package, the RMA’s status will be changed to “Package received”.
- Finally, once the whole process is over (the customer has been refunded or have issued a credit slip), store mangager changes the RMA’s status to “Return completed”.
In order to exercise the right of withdrawal the consumer must comply with general conditions. When a product has specific conditions to exercise the right of withdrawal, this will be specified in the characteristics of the product:
– The product must not have more than THIRTY (30) days of receipt
– The product must not be damaged or damaged by actions corresponding to customers
– The product must be complete
– The product must be in original packaging
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR A RETURN
– The product must not be damaged or damaged by the corresponding actions of the customers.
– The product must have labels, sales invoice, accessories and packaging. originals (including manuals, usage guides, warranty certificates, etc.).
– The product should not show signs of wear, dirt or wear.
– The product must not have more than THIRTY (30) business days of delivery.
– If during the return process, the product object of retraction does not meet the requirements to be accepted by Supplement HQ, the product will be returned to the address registered by the customer and no refund will be made.
CONDITIONS OF CLAIM FOR ERRORED PRODUCT
In the event that the customer receives a product with characteristics different from that described on the page at the time of purchase, the following procedure must be carried out in order to verify the validity of the claim.
The client must send the images of the wrong product to email@example.com indicating in the subject of the mail the reason for the claim, within the following 48 working hours of having received the product.
REVERSION OF PAYMENT
The client may request that the payment of a product purchased in the portal be re-entered directly with his banking entity (hereinafter the Return). Reversal of payment may be requested if: the customer was the object of fraud, the payment corresponds to an operation not requested by the customer, the product purchased was not received does not correspond to the requested, does not comply with the inherent characteristics or the product delivered is find faulty.
In the event that the client has requested a reversal of the payment and bad faith is determined by the latter, the transaction claimed will be definitively charged to the consumer and the Department of Commerce may impose penalties.
In the event that a product purchased through Supplement HQ has problems of operation or damage after its reception, the client may contact Supplement HQ who will provide the information of the vendor or supplier so that the latter provides adequate support for their request of guarantee. All requests for guarantees must meet the following conditions:
– The product warranty must be valid
– The product must have the invoice and guarantee documents. In case the product does not have a document that certifies a guarantee period, it must be less than 12 months of delivery.
– Product damage must be due to a manufacturing defect, technical failure or irregularity. No guarantee will apply if the product shows signs of misuse by the customer.
The supplier has the right to replace, repair or refund the product’s money.
At the choice of the consumer, the Supplier will pick up the product where it was delivered or the latter may request the consumer to leave it at the point of attention provided for that purpose.
For this last case, the Supplier will bear all shipping costs. If transportation is required for the good, the costs must be borne by the Supplier.
The repaired product or the replacement product must be delivered to the consumer in the same place where the legal guarantee was requested, unless the consumer requests another site and the supplier accepts it. If transportation is required for the good, the costs must be borne by the supplier.
In the event that the property must be replaced by another equal or of the same characteristics, the supplier will proceed to its replacement within ten (10) business days following, after the reception of the product by the supplier.
The repair will be made within thirty (30) business days, counted from the day following the delivery of the goods to the supplier for repair.
In case you should make the money back, this will be done as follows:
From the day after the acceptance of the guarantee by the supplier and subsequent communication with Supplement HQ and the customer, Supplement HQ has up to 30 days to make the refund.
In the event that the good does not admit repair or the product’s failure is repeated, the supplier will proceed to inform the consumer of its decision on how to make the guarantee effective, either with the return of the money or with the change of the good by an identical one or by one of the same characteristics.
Additionally, the conditions to accept a guarantee process depend on the category to which the product corresponds:
GUARANTEES WITHIN THE RETURN TIMES
DAMAGED PRODUCTS WHICH ARE WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER DELIVERY, AND ARE THE SUBJECT OF RETURN, WILL BE RETURNED TO THE CUSTOMER WITH THE PROVIDER’S INFORMATION SO THAT THE PROVIDER MANAGES THE WARRANTY PROCESS.
Reversal to a credit card: Reimbursements made by this method may be partial or total, depending on the case. Supplement HQ will make the reversion request in the payment platform so that it notifies the cardholder’s bank about the reversal of the money. Upon confirmation of the request, the bank will have a maximum period of 30 working days for national cards and up to 120 business days for international cards for the application of the reversal.
The client must be subject to the terms of the duration of the application process stipulated by his bank.
In the event that the owner of the Supplement HQ account has used a credit card from a different person, the only method of refund enabled will be a reversion to the card used.
We're gym fanatic's, just like you. At Supplement HQ, we have over 10 pros that we work with closely to make sure the supplements we provide on our website are the best in the industry.
We'd love to help!
Each person has a preference for what supplements or brands work best for them. We can also help you find the right supplements that align with your gym goals - whether that is weight loss, weight gain, muscle recovery, joint recovery, & more.
Reach out to us via our contact page if you're looking for help on finding the right supplements.
Supplement HQ offers international shipping to select international countries, and we're always expanding where we can ship internationally. If we can ship to your location, you will have the option to checkout with a normal address of your location. Don't ship to your country? Reach out to us. We're super flexible, and want to make sure anyone who wants to order from us can get the supplements they need!
We're always look to partner with new athletes, but are selective in the process. Want to join our team? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be in touch. Thank you.
Most of our orders ship in one to two business days, during our normal operating hours. Expect to receive your shipment in 2 to 5 business days from the day you order!
If we couldn't answer your question here, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via our contact page, email, or phone.